by Donna Baylis | Mar 12, 2023 | Events
This year DGATV’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held at the Dundalk Legion (109 Proton St. N., Dundalk) at 1pm.
Mark your calendar and join us for this year’s AGM. Connect with Executive members and other ATV and side-by-side enthusiasts. Learn about our club and what we do for you. Get your questions answered. Vote for the upcoming season’s Directors and/or volunteer to join the Executive!
DGATV’s Board of Directors consists of seven (7) Directors with two (2) year terms. Theoretically, no more than 50% of the Board should come up for election each year so ideally DGATV never has an entirely new Board of Directors.
Candidates for Director must be on record as a DGATV member for at least three (3) months.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Dufferin Grey ATV Club Inc. is scheduled for Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 1:00pm.
All Members of the Dufferin Grey ATV Club Inc. are welcome and wallet card with permit number will be requested for verification.
Time: Registration opens at 12:30pm.
Location: Dundalk Legion, 109 Proton St. N., Dundalk, ON
- To receive the Report of the Executive.
- To hear the Treasurer’s Report.
- To elect three (3) Directors positions for two (2) year terms.
- To address New Business.
Votes may be recorded for the record.
Would you like to see ATVing promoted in Ontario? Do you have ideas? Join us as a Member, a Volunteer or a Director to advance the sport of ATVing. The ultimate goal is a web of community and family friendly trails spanning the province but we need people like YOU to make that dream come true.
More information can be found at www.dgatv.ca or call 519.266.3559.
by Donna Baylis | Mar 12, 2023 | Events
ATV & side-by-side riding season starts May 1st and runs to November 30th weather permitting.
DGATV’s season begins with the annual general meeting scheduled for March 26, 2023 at the Dundalk Legion. Connect with Executive members and other ATV and side-by-side enthusiasts. Learn about our club and what we do for you. Get your questions answered. Vote for the upcoming season’s Directors and/or volunteer to join the Executive!
DGATV’s Executive meets on the third Wednesday of every month excluding December. The next meeting is scheduled for March 15th via online conference where we are ramping up for the 2023 season so mark your calendar!
- Toronto Sportsmen’s Show (March 16-19, 2023) – website
- DGATV AGM (March 26, 2023) – Dundalk Legion
- Dufferin/Grey County roads open (April 17, 2023) – check municipal bylaws for ATV road use
- DGATV Season Start (May 1, 2023) weather permitting
- Harkaway Forest Opens (May 25, 2023)
- OFATV AGM (May 26-28, 2023) at Fern Resort near Orillia
- DGATV McPhail School Breakfast Club & Eugenia Food Bank Ride (Saturday, June 3, 2023) out of Flesherton
- DGATV Canada Day Ride (Sat., July 1, 2023)
- DGATV Shelburne Fire Department Poker Run (Sat. Aug. 26, 2023)
- IPM International Plowing Match (Sept. 15 to 23, 2023) – Amaranth, volunteers from mid-Aug. – website
- DGATV Autumn Harvest Ride for local food banks (October 1, 2023) out of Markdale
- Dufferin/Grey County road closures (November 15, 2023)
- End of Season (November 30, 2023)
Questions or comments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 519.266.3559.
Come Ride With Us!
by Donna Baylis | Dec 1, 2022 | Events
(Barrie, ON: November 30, 2022): The Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC) and the
Ontario Federation of All Terrain Vehicle Clubs (OFATV) announced a historic Memorandum of
Understanding (MOU) between the province’s two largest recreational trail organizations. This
first of its kind MOU solidifies a cooperative new approach in organized powersports with the
goals to foster the protection, sustainability and growth of motorized recreational trails. The
MOU will significantly benefit each Federation, their clubs, volunteers, landowners and trail
users, as well as countless trail‐connected communities and tourism businesses across Ontario …
Click here for the full press release (.pdf).
by Donna Baylis | Nov 16, 2022 | Events
Its true — its early, but we have snow.
So the trails are closed for the season.
It was a good summer riding season as DGATV started to get back in the swing of organizing events.
We had a great time on our rides and raised funds for local charities.
Looking ahead to 2023 season, ATVing on the public trails generally starts May 1st (weather-permitting) and stays open to November 30th or until snow cover. Once the snow plows are out, ATV rider safety becomes an issue.
- Harkaway Forest opens to riding Tuesday-after-Victoria Day-weekend and closes on October 15th.
- Grey County roads opens to riding on April 15th and closes on November 15th.
- Owen Sound and Shelburne open to riding on April 15th.
Note: All dates are tentative based on the landowner authorization.
While Walters Falls tract remains closed under new ownership, we are thankful that we had the opportunity to ride there. Hopefully our club and organization have good reputations so similar opportunities might arrive to ride such terrific properties in the future.
Remember to stay tuned to our social media at the start of season.
Enjoy your winter and holiday season!
by Donna Baylis | Nov 1, 2022 | Events
Take notice that November 6th to13th is the rifle deer hunt.
Please be aware when riding next week. If walking it is advisable to wear blaze orange. Make yourself visible.
by Donna Baylis | Oct 16, 2022 | Community, Events
It was cold and wet, but those who dressed for it had fun!
Thank you to all who came out and supported the Chatsworth Outreach Program. We presented a cheque for $950.00 and a trunk load of food.
Thanks to all our Volunteers, Directors, Wardens, Landowners, Sponsors and Riders … we couldn’t do it without You!