Please note that the opening date for DGATV’s trail system was scheduled for May 1st but is now delayed due to the wet, soft, snow covered conditions. Riding the trail under such conditions results in expensive damage, which DGATV is expected to correct. Additionally, landowners do not like to see damage and may withdraw permission if provoked.
All DGATV off-road trails are closed.
County and municipal roads are open.
Harkaway Forest is closed and scheduled to open on June 22, 2018.
Please stay off the trails during this critical time.
UPDATE (4-May-2018): DGATV’s trails will stay closed for another week due to extremely wet conditions. Snow melt and heavy rain combined with tree damage from today’s wind storm keep the trails off-limits. DGATV’s Executive are expecting considerable clean-up to be required for the whole system. Stay tuned for work day Volunteer opportunities to help get the trails opened …
Side by Sides
Walters Falls tract is closed until further notice
DGATV asks for your consideration
Please honour DGATV’s agreements and promises to protect landowners’ best interests. It is too wet to ride Walters Falls tract at this point without doing a lot of damage. Continuing to ride in the wet costs DGATV & OFATV money to repair the trails, which increases the cost of permits. Damaging the land also angers landowners, which loses trails. Please consider the future of ATVing in Ontario and stay out of Walters Falls tract for now.
Public trails are expected to open May 1st weather permitting.
Side by Sides
We’re looking forward to a May 1st season start (weather permitting) although we currently have a bit of snow. Hopefully the trail won’t be too wet and we can open the trails on schedule. Keep an eye on our social media for updates.
Warden training is scheduled for May 5th for those who regularly ride DGATV’s trails and enjoy meeting people.
For the season’s full calendar of events, be sure to checkout our facebook page:
Dufferin Grey ATV Club
Checkout neighbouring clubs as well:
Central Ontario ATV Club / www.coatv.ca
Huron Shores ATV Club / www.huronshoresatvclub.org (need an EOTA pass)
South Bruce Peninsula ATV Club / www.sbpatvclub.com (need an EOTA pass)
West Grey ATV Club / www.westgreyatvclub.ca
Let’s have a terrific riding season!
Becoming an OFATV/DGATV member rider
Side by Sides
The following list of Dufferin Grey ATV Club (DGATV) events is subject to change. Please stay tuned to social media (dgatv.ca, facebook, twitter, google calendar) closer to the event date for confirmation.
• Season Opening Preparation – every weekend in April
• Work Party – signs prep (April 8, 2018 @ 10am) – Tim’s House
• CP Rail Line (April 15, 2018) – trail open to Wardens for maintenance
• Grey Highlands Home & Cottage Show, Flesherton (April 21, 2018) – Ruth Ann & Jamie
• Trail Maintenance from Dundalk (April 21, 2018)
• Trail Maintenance from Markdale (April 28, 2018)
• DGATV’s Public Trails Open (May 1st, 2018) – weather permitting
• Warden Training, Markdale Ag Centre (May 5, 2018)
• Trail Maintenance on rail line (May 6, 2018)
• DGATV Fun Ride for Dundalk school’s breakfast club (May 26, 2018)
• OFATV AGM (June 1-3, 2018) – Wasaga Beach
• Harkaway Forest Opens (June 22, 2018)
• Canada Day Ride (July 1, 2018)
• DGATV Fundraiser Ride (Sept. 8, 2018) – funds for Grey Highlands Firefighters’ UTV
• DGATV Fun Ride (Oct. 13, 2018) – proceeds to Shelburne Food Bank
• Toronto Int’l Snowmobile, ATV & Powersports Show (Oct. 19-21, 2018)
• DGATV Fun & Final Ride (Nov. 4, 2018) – weather dependent
• Grey County roads closed to ATVing (Nov. 15, 2018)
• DGATV Appreciation Dinner (Nov. 17, 2018) – Walters Falls
• Markdale Xmas Parade (Nov. 24, 2018 1pm)
• Grand Valley Xmas Parade (Nov. 24, 2018 7pm)
• Public Trails Close (Nov. 30, 2018 or first snowfall)
• Dundalk Xmas Parade (Dec. 1, 2018 6pm)
• Feversham Xmas Parade (Dec. 1, 2018)
• DGATV Executive Meeting (March 24, 2019) @ 11am-1pm
• DGATV Annual General Meeting (March 24, 2019) @ 1pm-3pm
If you see an event that catches your fancy, do not hesitate to Volunteer to ensure the event goes off without a hitch!
Warden training is planned for Saturday, May 5, 2018. The session starts at 10am and runs until lunch time. Afterwards, a ride and field training so feel free to bring your bike.
Location: Markdale Agricultural Services Centre, 206 Toronto Street, Markdale, ON (back of building)
Registration: Contact Dan Liedtke, Chief Warden, at 519.266.3559 (extension 5) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Becoming a Warden is a great way to Volunteer. You can help monitor the trails, answer visiting riders’ questions and represent DGATV on the trail. It’s also a great excuse to meet fellow riding enthusiasts and to get out for a ride!
Click here to learn more about what a becoming a Warden does for our club.
More about Wardens
Would you like to see ATVing promoted in Ontario? Do you have ideas? Join us as a Member, a Volunteer or a Director to advance the sport of ATVing. The ultimate goal is a web of trails spanning the province but we need people like YOU to make that dream come true.
Meet last year’s Executive members and other ATVing enthusiasts. Learn about our club and what we do for you. Vote for this year’s Directors or step up and join the Executive.
More information can be found at www.dgatv.ca or call 519.266.3559.
Location: Dundalk Legion, 109 Proton St. N., Dundalk, ON
NOTICE is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Dufferin Grey ATV Club Inc. is scheduled for Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 1:00pm.
- To receive the Report of the Executive for 2017
- To hear the Accountant’s Report
- To elect five (5) Directors
All Members of the Dufferin Grey ATV Club Inc. are welcome.